Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our Beautiful Kitchen

Well it is about time I posted something about our extension which is sort of finished, well at least very, very livable.

In the beginning I had ideas of documenting the progress every week/day but it was all too hard and time consuming while working almost full time and supervising it all.

There is not much we would have done differently - the inside spaces are fantastic (and huge). So looking forward to proper BIG dinner parties when I restore our big dining table.

Our kitchen is in and I am really happy, especially when Damien is cooking in it!!

Here are some photos of kitchens I love, plus what we cherished for about five years, what we endured for 18 months, and what we are enjoying now.

I love my shelves above the stove to put my favorite things and change them around when I get bored.

I love having no slugs or leaking roof! Walls are a bonus too.

I love the island bench - the beautiful granite tops, the sink is very exposed so we have to be tidy, and the combination of cupboards and open shelves for my books and stuff is just right.

We have a huge white painted matchboard ceiling which matches the matchboard ends on the benches so it all seems to work.


ENGLISH INSPIRATION...




WHAT WE HAD FOR 5 YEARS...



WHAT WE ENDURED FOR 18 MONTHS...


NOW!!...







4 comments:

Sally Lawrence said...

Wow I love your new kitchen Jeannie, it looks wonderful and I love your page. Can't wait to come and visit, the whole place looks wonderful.
Sal

Vikki said...

OMG it looks awesome! Well done guys, I bet you can't believe it is finally finished

Roof Restorations Adelaide said...

That is a pretty good job. How long did it take?

Kip Whitehead said...

Look at your husband all smiles for the camera! Is that dough on his hands? I love to bake in our kitchen too. In fact, I have a little baking center connected to our kitchen island. When we were looking for materials for the island, we thought of placing a large and cool slab of black marble, as it makes for a great surface to roll out dough.