Friday, May 4, 2012

Our new (inside) bathroom

What can I say – it is a bit of a step up from the recent past! And no more treks through the mud in the middle of the night.

I was determined to create a bathroom that wasn't contemporary or felt like I was in a hotel bathroom, was unique, white and bright, but also earthy. And on a very tight budget!

The black and white is pretty bold but I think it works with the beautiful earthy stone wall which used to be our rendered old kitchen wall, and originally the back of the house.

The distressed vanity was an ebay pickup and didn't cost much so if I want a change from the black down the track I will ditch it. New knobs, taps and a paint job.

The mirror which I adore came off a deco chest of drawers I recently found for Damien. So glad it found its new spot without breakage or divorce. Painted it black. Love the etched patterns each side.

Now we just need to finish our en suite.


The (almost complete) new bathroom...





Some inspiration...





5 years of luxury...



A new resting place for the old basin - it is so sweet I don't think I can move it to the dump!



The old wall...



Vanity before...



Temporary luxury fit for a king...


You have to lift the lid Jack!



No comments: