Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our new chimney








Our new chimney and French fire box. A double sided masterpiece. It can be used as a combustion heater or the glass disappears behing the bricks for a double sided open fire. Thanks boys for carrying all 250kgs.

We flew out a French designer/installer from Chiminees Philippe in France for a week to make sure it was perfect.
(no just kidding! I struggled through being fire box project manager/ installer.)

Very happy with the brickwork thanks boys and I found some nice cast iron side air vents in Melbourne (still in Melbourne if anyone wants to pick them up for me).

2 comments:

Linda Wise said...

Your chimney looks great! I’m thinking you’re going for an old-fashioned look, judging by how the fireplace looks right now. If I may make a suggestion: it would be helpful if you have a chimney cap by now. It will protect your chimney from debris and water leaks that may cause damage. By the way, it would be better if you have your chimney checked before winter!

Waldemar Bureau said...

With the way it was built, I think the fireplace would do well to keep the air warm inside your house in the winter season. How about your roof? What materials did you use for it? I would recommend for you to use metal shingles as it is very durable to withstand any types of weather condition.